T'as profité de tes vacances ?
Google is a company that helps people to find the information that they want on the Internet. You can type a word, a phrase, or a question into Google search box and it takes you where you can find the appropriate information on the Internet. Google's founder's, Larry Page and Sergey Brin, developed a new approach to online searching while they were at Stanford University.
A Google query normally lasts about half a second, but there are a number of different steps that take place before results are delivered to a person seeking information.
*The web server sends the query to the index servers. The index servers are like the index in the back of a book. They tell which web pages have words which match the query.
*The query travels to the document servers, which actually find the relevant web pagess
*The search results go back to the user in a fraction of a second.
1. Who founded Google?
Larry Page and Sergey Brin
2. What is Google?
Google is a company that helps people to find [
3. What should you type into a Google search box?
a word, a phrase or a question
4. What is the life span of a Google query?
5. Where does a query to Google first go?
to index servers
6. What do the index servers do?
They are like the index in the back of a book.
7. Where does the query go after the index servers?
to the document servers
8. What happens after the document servers?
The search results go back to the user in a fraction of a second
9. Do you know of other companies that provide online search programs?
Yes, yahoo, Msn, Altavista, Excite, etc.
Je m'en occupe du dernier sujet demain ou dimanche.